|Subject:||Oracle 9iR2 backup/recovery problem|
|Posted by:||Klaus (news_holg…@yahoo.com)|
|Date:||31 Mar 2004|
Hi, i have some problems testing backup/recovery.
- database is in archivelog mode.
- i did a hot backup (rman) of the whole database and
of the archivelogs to a disk file (controlfile
autobackup is on).
I tried to check, if the restore process is working
in the following way:
- I set up an new system on a different pc
- i created a database using oradim
- i used rman to recover (without catalog)
* startup nomount
* set dbid...
* restore controlfile from autobackup
* restore database
* recover database
Recover database succeeds with a warning message saying
"cannot find archivelog file thread 1 sequence 512".
So my questions are:
- how can i determine what archivelog file seems to be missing?
- how can i find the name/location of the backup file required?
- if i don't actually have the requested archivelogs, how can
i reset the database so i will be able to open it (i already
tried: recover database until sequence 512 thread 1; which
results in: ora-01194 datafile 2 (undotbs01.ora) requires
Thanks for your help,