Re: TKPROF: Long CPU time on Execute

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: TKPROF: Long CPU time on Execute
Posted by:  Sybrand Bakker (gooiditw…@sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004

On 16 Apr 2004 09:20:32 -0700, pkoltā€¦@hotmail.com (Pete) wrote:

>As you can see; 1.33 seconds CPU on the Fetch, but 1484 seconds on the
>Execute!  I thought that it was only Inserts and Updates that did a
>lot of work on the Execute?

That 1484 seconds for a statement which is called 8701 times, and 1.33
seconds for  8701 fetches returning 0 rows.
Doesn't look like unreasonable to me.

Also: you are wrong in assuming only INSERT and UPDATE consume CPU
during the execute phase. ORDER BY, GROUP BY and the like are executed
on in the database, so they also count during execute. A range scan,
as you can see counts during execute.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA