Re: what is use the parameter "adress_list" int the listener.ora

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: what is use the parameter "adress_list" int the listener.ora
Posted by:  BD (robert.dr…@gmail.com)
Date: 24 Aug 2006

FreeDBA wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like understand the contains of listener.ora, partularly the
> Address-List parameter.
> I have multiple database and so multiple listener.ora.
> In some listener there is the adress_list parameter and son other there
> is nothing abour adress_list !!!!!

I recall that we used multiple address lines as part of getting
Connection Manager working. It allowed for Oracle to communicate across
a firewall, with one server acting as a gateway to another one. The
firewall can be restricted to only allow communication between the two
servers, and then the clients are told to connect *first* to the
nearest server, and then to the one on the other side of the firewall.

Or something along those lines...

BD