|Subject:||very impressed by 11g|
|Posted by:||Gerard H. Pille (g…@skynet.be)|
|Date:||Tue, 24 Apr 2012|
Months ago we upgraded our main database to 11g, and after tuning a number of selects, we were
running happily along. A couple of weeks ago, we noticed we'd forgotten to change the
compatible parameter to 11.2 or something, so, yesterday we set that straight.
And brought that system to it's knees.
There was nothing to be done about it, we didn't find any specific queries that were
responsible, but the system kept hitting 100% cpu.
Finally, we doubled the number of processors, and that solved it. Now and then, the system
still reaches 50%, but mostly it stays way below it.
That parameter can not be set back, it appears, so we were very lucky we had spare processing
power, or we would still be struggling.