Re: Storing results of a form - anyhow

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Storing results of a form - anyhow
Posted by:  David Dorward (dorwa…@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003

Axel Schwenke wrote:

> What kind of possibilities may I use to store information out of a form?

Database
Flat files
.... not much other choice.

Which often doesn't work:http://www.isolani.co.uk/newbie/mailto.html

> But I think there must be better ways.

Server side processes.

Try a webserver instead.http://httpd.apache.org/

http://www.cgi-resources.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Survey_and_Voting/

> The problem is that I can't be sure what kind of browsers are used by our
> users.

Browser choice is irrelevent, http is a standard.

> And some users don't have an email-account, so that I can't return the
> results per "mailto"-action.

Which is why you shouldn't violate the HTML specification by using the
mailto action.

> Can this be done on a simple win2000-fileserver?

No.

> Or do I have to install a webserver?

Yes.

--