Re: Validating a password protected site?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Validating a password protected site?
Posted by:  Darin McGrew (mcgr…@stanfordalumni.org)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004

D. Alvarado <laredotorna…@zipmail.com> wrote:
> What recommendations do you have about how to validate web pages that
> are password protected, short of saving the page, uploading it to a
> public server, and then running it through a validator?

In addition to the other suggestions...

With Opera, you can use Ctrl-Alt-V to validate the current page with the
W3C's online validator. It uses the file-upload mechanism of the validator,
uploading the version of the document in its cache. So use Opera to
navigate to the page you want to validate, and hit Ctrl-Alt-V.

Note that Opera doesn't send the character encoding, so you need to include
it in a META tag to appease the validator.

--
Darin McGrew, mcgr…@stanfordalumni.org,http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
    Web Design Group, dar…@htmlhelp.com,http://www.HTMLHelp.com/

          "I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."