Re: Frames -- Disable/Enable Menus

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Frames -- Disable/Enable Menus
Posted by:  Petr Vileta (stou…@practisoft.cz)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008

Deepan HTML wrote:
> Hi All,
>      Currently i am working in a framed environment where i have
> divided the window as 20% and 80% and the 20% is used for navigation
> purpose and right frame for displaying the orignal content. Now i want
> to Disable ad Enable the menu items which are placed in the left frame
> for navigation purpose.
>
>      Can any of you input me with any idea as how to proceed? If you
> need any other information then please let me know.

There is two possible ways to do it.
First way is to use javascript and it is relatively simple. You define
javascript function to control menu item status and call it as onload() at all
right pages with 2 parameters - item id and needed state. For example
This way you can use for static html pages.

Second way is to use scripts (Perl CGI or PHP) to generate frameset and left
page. In this case you must use links to frameset with parameters and this
script (for generating frameset) pass paramaters to other script for
generating left menu. This way is relatively more complex but work even if
user have javascript disabled.

--
Petr Vileta, Czech republic
(My server rejects all messages from Yahoo and Hotmail. Send me your

Please reply to <petr AT practisoft DOT cz>