Re: Frames -- Disable/Enable Menus

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Frames -- Disable/Enable Menus
Posted by:  David E. Ross (nobo…@nowhere.not)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008

On 4/21/2008 6:07 AM, Petr Vileta wrote [in part]:
> Deepan HTML wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>      Currently i am working in a framed environment where i have
>> divided the window as 20% and 80% and the 20% is used for navigation
>> purpose and right frame for displaying the orignal content. Now i want
>> to Disable ad Enable the menu items which are placed in the left frame
>> for navigation purpose.
>>
>>      Can any of you input me with any idea as how to proceed? If you
>> need any other information then please let me know.
>>
> There is two possible ways to do it.
> First way is to use javascript and it is relatively simple. You define
> javascript function to control menu item status and call it as onload() at all
> right pages with 2 parameters - item id and needed state. For example
> This way you can use for static html pages.

Gecko-based browsers (Firefox, SeaMonkey, Camino, and others) have the
user option to disable JavaScript from affecting context menus without
completely disabling JavaScript.

--
David Ross
http://www.rossde.com/>

Have you been using Netscape and now feel abandoned by AOL?
Then use SeaMonkey.  Go to http://www.seamonkey-project.org/>.