Looking for info on a mouseover "crosshair" image

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Looking for info on a mouseover "crosshair" image
Posted by:  Claude (claudel.hin…@verizon.net)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004

Or something that looks similar. The small image I'm thinking of stays in
view - it remains at the same place on the screen - usually on the right
side bottom - and does not scroll with the page contents. On mouseover, the
image changes to reveal a short text, such as: "Click here to send message."
or another message.

Now I'd like to know how to design an item similar to it, but I don't know
what kind of code I'm looking for. I don't know if this is made with
Macromedia's Flash or a dhtml code - or - does anyone know?

I'd appreciate any advice . . .
Thanks in advance,