Re: Embedding fonts

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Embedding fonts
Posted by:  Roedy Green (my_email_is_posted_on_my_website@munged.invalid)
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 10:50:29 -0700, Adam Smith <adamsmiā€¦@econ.com>
wrote or quoted :

>How can I embed fonts in my web pages such that the pages have a uniform
>appearance across all browsers (Netscape, IE & Opera), across all
>platforms, IRIX, Win 2K, SP etc. whether or not the platform has the
>font installed. I am using style sheets, which should help.

There are ways to bundle fonts with Java Applets. But then anything
you display has to appear in the Applet. You can't display general
HTML, just a stripped down HTML in a JTextPane.

Seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/jtextpane.html

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.