Re: Trouble at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ ????

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Trouble at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ ????
Posted by:  Els (els.aNOSP…@tiscali.nl)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004

Lesley wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using the online validator to check out my style sheet for
> conformance to CSS2.
>
> I've loaded the style sheet up to the site and when I used the
> validate by URI option I got an error.

What error? If I validate by URI (your stylesheet as
mentioned below), I get "No error or warning found
Congratulations!"

> "No error or warning found
>
> To work as intended, your CSS style sheet needs a correct document
> parse tree. This means you should use valid HTML.
> "
>
>    and the css file I expected to see.

Yes, that's the standard answer when all is correct.

> 4.  Tried it with Normal report warnings and got the same as in 3.

Of course :-)

> 5.  Also tried the file in the area I put things to upload them; as
> opposed to the area I work on stuff in with the same results.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this problem?

The only problem I see, is when you first checked by uri,
and got an error.

> I'm no css guru but does this mean the style sheet validates or
> not???? (www.swallowsoft.co.uk/styles/style.css)

Yes it does. Congratulations from the W3C ;-)

> Confused and worried ....

Don't worry, you have a validated stylesheet!

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/