Re: Achieving same results in all browsers

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Achieving same results in all browsers
Posted by:  Good Man (hey…@letsgo.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007

Terry <terry.murr…@rogers.com> wrote in news:1188409979.242144.37770@
57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I was wondering, in order to get results are the same in all browsers
> (or as close to the same) shoud I be using px for padding and margins
> or should I be using em's. Or is there is another unit that I should
> be using?

it's hard to get it the same in 'all' browsers, but certainly starting with
a CSS Reset will prove very helpful:

ie:

body,div,dl,dt,dd,ul,ol,li,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,pre,form,fieldset,input,textar
ea,p,blockquote,th,td {
        margin:0;
        padding:0;
}

Google about "CSS Reset"... the goal is to make sure all browsers are
starting with the same basic element settings...