Re: Aligning images and text with CSS instead of tables

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Aligning images and text with CSS instead of tables
Posted by:  Beauregard T. Shagnasty (a.nony.mous@example.invalid)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009

Benjamin Esham wrote:

> I am trying to replace some <table>s on one of my websites with clean
> CSS markup.  I'm having trouble getting images and text to align in
> exactly the way I want.  The old markup looked like  ...
> This works great for small amounts of text.  However, if the text
> wraps, the second line begins below the image, whereas I'd like *all*
> of the text to be positioned to the right of the image (and with the
> vertical centers still aligned).  Can anyone offer me some advice
> about how to set this up?

If you don't mind a comment, rather than a solution, I'll venture that
right-side text aligned to the middle of a left-side image is unfriendly
to eye-flow - especially if the images are any significant amount of
height greater than the text.

I see what you are after on a lot of very amateur web sites.

+----------------------+
|      (big          |
|        img)          |      We stayed at this beach house

--
  -bts