Re: Prevent user copy + pasting from one field to next

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Prevent user copy + pasting from one field to next
Posted by:  rf (…@invalid.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006

emma.s…@gmail.com wrote

> I have a form where we would like the user to input their email address
> twice, to ensure they've typed it correctly, as is found on most
> sign-ups
>
> I'm looking for a solution to the problem where a user (and me it has
> to be said) just either highlights the email address with their mouse
> (or Ctrl-A) and then Ctrl-C, Ctrl-P (or right-click copy, right-click
> paste) into the next field down.

Hmmm. This user is filling out this form in anticipation of receiving emails
from you?

If they do it incorrectly, by either copy/pasting drag/dropping an incorrect
address or even typing an incorrect address twice then is it not *their*
problem? Even if you do everything in your power to protect yourself against
fools then very shortly a better fool will come along :-)

--
Richard.