Re: Using values passed through AJAX

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Using values passed through AJAX
Posted by:  Tom Cole (tcol…@gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

On Mar 26, 7:34=A0pm, "Matthew White" <mgw.…@msn.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an AJAX website that call on a PHP page to tell it how to handle th=
> back/forward buttons. =A0This involves sending a user id (randomly created=
at
> the start of the session) and a variable that tells PHP what page to look
> for in the history. =A0This is the code (using Mootools):
>
> function retrievehistory(userid, location){
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 var params =3D Object.toQueryString({id: userid, pageid: l=
ocation,
> action:"retrieve"});
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 var myAjax =3D new Ajax("history.php", {method: 'post', da=
ta: params, update:
> $('bodydiv')}).request();
>
> }

Not sure what this Ajax object is...

> The history.php page sends back the address of the page you were last on.
> How do I use this value? =A0It needs to take the value and then submit tha=
t to
> another function that load the page. =A0If anyone can find a way to proces=
> that information using either Mootools or Dojo or plain Javascript, I woul=
> be appreciative.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Matthew White

In your Ajax callback handler set the document.location to the value
returned. Because I don't know
anything about this Ajax object I can't say for sure how to get the
responseText from it, etc., but basically
you want to set the document.location to the value of the
XMLHttpRequest's responseText.