Re: Delphi equivalent in the C world or Scheme/LISP world

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Delphi equivalent in the C world or Scheme/LISP world
Posted by:  tony_in_da_…@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008

On Aug 20, 12:19 pm, gnuist.…@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there a Delphi equivalent in the C world or Scheme/LISP world ?
>
> Recently, Delphi is in resurgence. In Russia people are using like
> crazy. For example, Bolega has written a free image processing program
> scankromsator in delphi because its easy to write a gui. In arabia
> people are using it also.
>
> Also delphi, I heard delphi allows visual programming and delphi
> programs run on:
>
> linux
> win2k
> winxp
> vista
>
> I heard that its a lot easier than MFC, and C# and so on.
>
> The only think I worried is the PASCALISH syntax. Can any of you tell
> me if there is an alternative in C world and the pros and cons because
> I am used to C syntax.
>
> Gnuist

First, this newsgroup is not for C or Scheme.  FWIW, there are a great
many C++ IDE builders that attempt to allow rapid GUI application
creation - a 'net search engine should quickly turn up matches.
Lastly, I think you'll find the differences between C and Pascal are
mainly cosmentic - if Delphi is what you want functionally I suggest
you use it.

Tony