Re: raw socket bind problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: raw socket bind problem
Posted by:  Madhur Ahuja (…@df.com)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004

Sherman <aldernetwor…@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got a problem in binding a raw socket to local tcp port.
> The following is the code snippet and it return ERROR
> after bind() call? Anybody has any idea? Thanks,

Most probably check that port you are binding to is not already in
listening state i.e. used by some other process. Use *netstat -an*.

Or if you are using Windows, I think, you may not connect to <1024 ports
under *non Administrator* login. Although I am not sure about this.

--

Homepage
http://madhur.netfirms.com