|Subject:||Windows 2000 Professional / Norton Personal Firewall 2004 / File & Printer Sharing|
|Posted by:||been (be…@been.com)|
|Date:||Tue, 09 Dec 2003|
OS: Windows 2000 Professional
Product: Norton Personal Firewall 2004
Problem: File and Printer sharing does not work with firewall
What I've done:
3) Added other computers to the Trusted Network list individually.
4) Added entire network to Trusted Network list
5) Added a range of IPs to Trusted Network list.
6) Changed Netbios, Netbios Name and Windows File Sharing rules to permit.
7) Added other computers to the Netbios, Netbios name and Windows File
Sharing rule permit list individually.
8) Added entire network to the Netbios, Netbios name and Windows File
Sharing rule permit list.
9) Added a range of IPs to the Netbios, Netbios name and Windows File
Sharing rule permist list.
Outcome of what I've done:
It seems that once I make any of these changes I am able to access shares
existing on other computers from this computer. However, upon reboot I am no
longer able to access those shares without disabling the firewall. At this
point I checked the settings to ensure they were still listed properly and
Symantec's support pages are about as helpful as a pile of crap. Its another
one of those "if it doesn't work properly we don't support it sites".
Anyone have any ideas cause I'm fresh out?