Re: Directory C:\winnt\system32\drivers found on XP - Trojan?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Directory C:\winnt\system32\drivers found on XP - Trojan?
Posted by:  Roger Abell (mvpNOSp…@asu.edu)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003

If you had a file named FireDaemon.exe on your
system and you malware scanning tools did not
trigger, then you should question the quality of
that scanning tool or your understanding of what
it is that it scans for.
Having these files tucked down in the drivers folder
is in itself suspicious.  A legitimate installer would
not drop files there, let alone leave them there.
You should carefully examine that system with a
few good tools, monitor what ports have things bound
to them, etc.

--
Roger Abell
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4)  MCDBA