Re: Weird PIX clone box question Aegis OS??

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Weird PIX clone box question Aegis OS??
Posted by:  Heimo Hetl (trashc…@hetl.net)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004

Vroom wrote:

> I bought this box in Hong Kong I think its a clone of a pix firewall the
> OS when it boots is called AEGIS, Anyone familiar with this I never heard
> of Aegis.

I just learned that Aegis was the kernel(?) underneath Apollo's Domain OS
back in the early 90's. Sort of a proprietary OS with both a SysV and a BSD
wrapper around it. Don't know if that's got anything to do with your box -
but then, who knows...

cheers
Heimo

anyone help me with my sunscreen problem? pleeze!

--
l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.