Re: Cisco Pix 515e 6.3.5 memory utilization

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Cisco Pix 515e 6.3.5 memory utilization
Posted by:  robers…@hushmail.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006

In article <1146237489.617444.1489…@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Newbie72 <sjohns…@brookshospital.org> wrote:
>I just recently updated the ios in our pix. I also at the same time
>updated the Memory so in the near future we could make the move to 7.1.
>I have noticed in the last couple of days the memory utilization is
>consistantly 60M. The Pix has 128M in it with 16M of flash. I am
>curious if this is normal? I do not notice any suspicious traffic in
>the log of the pix.

Ah, you are fortunate: just a couple of days ago, someone was
posting about a problem they were having with 7.1 having a memory
leak, requiring them to reboot every few days.

Most discussions about Cisco PIX (and Cisco ASA and other Cisco
security software or devices) takes place in comp.dcom.sys.cisco .

Do you have your access-lists set to be "compiled" ? If so then
that takes a lot of memory.