Re: Does Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 run on Win 98 ?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Does Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808 run on Win 98 ?
Posted by:  DrunkenMister (…@cornerbar_intoxicated.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006

On 9/22/2006 5:13:55 PM, "kes" wrote:

>snip<
>I want to know if Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6.2808  is OK for Win98?

Yes, but most W98 users went back to 5.5 (which i doubt that you can find
now). 5.6 had an annoying problem with one of its background tasks (smc.exe?)
IIRC. It didn't shutdown when the computer was shutdown. So you'd have to 3
finger salute it before you could shut the computer down.

>Also, any problems with uninstalling this, in case...?

Not to my knowledge.