Re: Why is MS listening

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Why is MS listening
Posted by:  Intuitive (jason_toma…@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007

Microsoft is not spying on you.

Nice observation; but they have better things to do with their time
...honestly, they do.

"microsoft-ds" is the recent(ish) name given to the new rendition of the
  old Server Message Blocks (SMB), which is Common Internet File System
(CIFS).

What runs on UDP port 4500? I have no idea.

What runs on UDP port 500(isakmp)? Well, it's the ISAKMP service which
is run by IPSec on your Windows machine.